Babyboy has always been a jet setter. At three months he boarded a plane for the first time for a wedding in Texas. At nine months he went on a trip to South America. At 13 months we left for a California trip and at 20 months a trip to Puerto Rico. If you look at a map all these trips are well over 3 hours not counting the waiting and getting to the airport.
This was all possible because his parents love to travel and had a great baby carrier, unfortunately most carriers have a maximum weight of 25 pounds. It was a sad day when he outgrew his Baby Bjorn .
So when Eddy and I started planning for the big California trip in July I knew I had to get another child carrier for the trip and my sanity. Babyboy hates strollers so picking him up or making him walk are the only two options. Again, I need to keep as much of my sanity for the next baby.
I had limited options because of Babyboy’s weight (27 lbs) but when we got a chance to review the Kokopax classic carrier I was thrilled.
- made with 100% cotton canvas
- anodized aluminum frame
- comfortable shoulder straps
- handy storage pocket
- 5-pt. safety harness
- ties to secure pax protectorTM
- toy ring to attach kokoTM or other toys
- weighs approximately 2.7 lbs.
- for use from 6 months to 2 years (or up to 35 pounds)
- makes a great every day baby backpack
- Babyboy is up so high and does not miss anything! He loves being tall and he is so comfortable!
- My hands are free for whatever. Groceries, walking the pups etc.
- Very light weight.
- Fun color patterns to match your style.
- So easy to put Babyboy in and out we that even on the run Eddy and I are able to swap Babyboy.
- I love the design that has Babyboy off my back, so on super hot days I not sweating from body heat.
- Made for long walks or quick errands.
- $149.99 for one of these fantastic little carriers, but your baby will only use it from 6 months to 2 years or up to 35 pounds. As far as I am concerned it’s worth it, but other parents may be a bit more price conscious.
- Fits in most airplane overheads BUT depending on the airline may count as one of your carry-ons. YUP bummer!
- I have not found an easy way to clean. Cloth is 100% cotton but does not pull apart from carrier structure.
- Babyboy does not want to fall asleep in the carrier. I think he is over stimulated with the world.
Big hit in the Dancinghotdogs family and will keep us traveling for several more months.
Disclaimer: I received a Kokopax classic carrier for my review. My post is my unbiased opinion on the product.