So Halloween is on Monday and you still don’t have a costume? Or you have a kid like me who keeps changing his mind so you need an affordable costume? Or it’s your baby’s first Halloween can’t justify buying an expensive costume for just one night?
Don’t worry, Disney and Dancing Hotdogs to the rescue! Below are some Disney Inspired Halloween Costumes you can whip up to make the night special without too much work.
Baby’s DISNEY CUDDLY BODYSUIT™ Monsters, Inc.
Just put bodysuit on with whatever fun (and warm says the CT Mami) pants and accessories and you got yourself a little monster.
Of course with the wide variety of colors the bodysuits come in you can make several costumes like a pumpkin, a bumble bee or a 101 Dalmatian.
So I checked there are no Jake and the Never Land pirate costumes in the store. Below are the costume instructions from Disney’s costume designer Zachary Bilemdjian if you are feeling crafty.
- Red fabric 17” square or bandana
- Grey fabric (long enough to wrap around your child’s waist)
- Black yarn or ribbon
- Yellow duct tape
- 4 large buttons
- White T-shirt
- Dark blue vest or jacket
- Blue jeans or pants
- Brown boots
- Brown cardboard
1. Cut out collar ribbing on white T-shirt and remove
2. Make a V shaped cut in center front of the collar
3. Make a few V shaped cuts in the sleeve
4. Using a needle with a big eye, thread the black yarn or ribbon. Stitch an X center front V at collar
5. If using a dark blue jacket, cut out the sleeves to turn it into a vest
6. Use the yellow duct tape to cover the buttons and attach to vest
7. Tape the outline of the vest using the yellow duct tape. Don’t forget the lapel
8. Cut out a “J” from the yellow duct tape, and attach to the boots.
9. Add a yellow strap on the boots using the yellow duct tape
10: Draw a sword shape on the cardboard and cut out
Putting it all together:
1. Wrap the red fabric or bandana around forehead leaving the tails long
2. Tuck T-shirt in the blue pants or jeans
3. Wrap the grey fabric at waist and tuck the tails in the back
4. Add the vest and boots
5: Grab your sword and Go!
- Dark pink fabric 24”
- Yellow fabric scrap
- Small rock
- Brown cord or yarn
- White fabric marker
- Gold hoop earrings
- Light pink tunic or T-shirt
- Light purple leggings or tights
- Light colored boots
1. Cut the dark pink fabric into a 22” square and two 2” strips
2. Using the white fabric pen, create squiggle and dot design around the edges of the dark pink fabric square
3. Place the small rock in the center of the yellow fabric. Take each of the four corners together to form a small pouch around the rock.
4. Using the brown cord or yarn, wrap it around the pouch leaving long tails. Knot the ends to form a necklace
Putting it all together:
1. Fold dark pink fabric square in half to form a triangle. Wrap turban style
around head, leaving long tails in the back
2. Using the dark pink strips as ties, form two pig tails with your child’s hair
3. Wear T-shirt or tunic un-tucked
4. If using light purple pants, tuck into boots
5. Don’t forget your pixie dust!
Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post. I received all this information from Disney and had to pass on to you dear friends.