Congrats to winner. You will love your backpack.
With the unofficial start of summer, Memorial Day, behind us I know everyone including the Dancing Hotdogs family is out grilling, enjoying the fine weather and getting outdoors but don’t forget with all the summer fun that hurricane season has also started.
June 1st to November 30,2012, is officially hurricane season and even though hurricanes predominately hits the Caribbean it is not unheard of that the east coast including New York City to be hit by coast storms like last year’s Hurricane Irene.
Are you prepared?
Eddy and I are one of those people that are always prepared that is why I am so happy to be working with the Ad Council and the New York Office of Emergency Management (OEM) to encourage individuals, families and businesses to develop a hurricane disaster plan before a storm.
On the Ready New York site they have tips and everything to help New Yorkers prepare for any emergency, instructions on how to develop a hurricane disaster plan and secure your home before a storm, and a map of New York City hurricane evacuation zones.
The OEM is stressing the importance of developing a disaster plan BEFORE any bad weather or emergencies hit.
Some tips from the OEM when developing a disaster plan:
- Decide where your household will reunite after a disaster. Identify two places to meet: one right outside your home and another outside your neighborhood, such as a library, community center, or place of worship.
- Identify all possible exit routes from your home and neighborhood.
- Designate an out-of-state friend or relative that household members can call if separated during a disaster. If New York City phone circuits are busy, long-distance calls may be easier to make. This out-of-state contact can help you and your family communicate.
- Account for everybody’s needs, especially seniors, people with disabilities, and non-English speakers.
- Ensure that household members have a copy of your household disaster plan and emergency contact information to keep in their wallets and backpacks.
- Practice your plan with all household members.
They also gave me this emergency pack of essentials.
Want to win one for your family?
One Dancing Hotdogs.com readers will win Ready New York: Hurricanes and NYC Emergency pack valued at $50.00.
Just go to http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/get_prepared/ready.shtml and leave a comment saying one thing you learned on the Ready New York site. Please leave your e-mail in comment so I can easily contact you.
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
- Post this give-away information on Facebook (1 entry, please leave link in comment)
- Give our Facebook page a “Like” (leave a comment)
- follow @dancinghotdogs on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DaddyUprising on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @rosadancing on twitter (leave a comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Post this give-away information on your favorite sweepstakes or blog site. (please leave link in comment)
- Subscribe to DancingHotdogs.com.( please leave link in comment)
Disclosure: New York City OEM is sponsoring giveaway and provided me with a similar prize pack but received no other compensation. My post is my unbiased opinion and I had to share this awesome sweepstakes giveaway.
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins June 4 ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on June 11, 2012. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at 9:00 p.m. ET on June 4 ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on June 11, 2012. Open (“Giveaway”). The winner of the “Ready New York prize pack” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Ready New York prize pack” with a value of $50.00. Entrants for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winners will be selected at random on or about June 13, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Neutrogena prize pack Total ARV: $50.00. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than June 13, 2012 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
7. SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com / www.DancingHotdogs.com and New York City OEM