It has been an amazing summer for the Dancing Hotdogs.com family. We had a wonderful time in South America with family and friends; if we could we would go every year. Unfortunately, the flight alone for one person is $1000, and with the each of the boys needing their own space it has become a VERY expensive trip but was worth every penny.
For the rest of the summer, the Dancing Hotdogs.com family has learned a new word for affordable travel….. ROAD TRIP!!!!
Check out some of pictures from our adventures so far.
I recently learned an astonishing fact, “from birth to leaving for college you only have 940 Saturdays with your kids.” Yikes! Only 940 weekends!
Now Rock and X are only four and one years old so Eddy and I have lots of time with them but I want them to remember our weekends as adventures not just days we did laundry or yard work.
With that in mind, we have been leaving our home state of Connecticut to explore the tri-state area and East Coast and boy have we been having a great time!
Here are some tips from seasoned Road Trip warriors for a successful road trip across town or across the country!
- Have your car well maintained!
- In case you get lost have a good map, app or GPS handy
- Get a EZ pass to get through tolls without added delay
- Do your homework! Check local newspapers, online & social media for discounts on food, accommodations and special events and festivals to attend
- Stock your car with healthy snacks and plenty of water from your local supermarket or super store so you are not spending SO much on fast food
- Do not forget about your AAA or other club memberships, they can offer great road side assistance AND give you fantastic discounts
- If you are a senior, student or in the Armed Services do not forget to ask for your unique discounts
- Down load great apps like Gas Buddy to know where the best price to refill on the road is
- Bring your own music! Or invest in a Sirius XM membership for great tunes, local news and weather
- FOLLOW THE RULES OF THE ROAD! Speeding leads to lots of gas refills and speeding tickets that will definitely make your once affordable trip into a very expensive headache
- Go with someone you love or really like! They can help with driving and make any trip entertaining
- Bring extra bag of patience! Remember it’s your adventure! Relax and enjoy the ride!
While each trip has been different each trip, the one constant through all our adventures and the brand that has been keeping us on the go and safe through all our trips is BRITAX. Our BRITAX B-Ready Stroller keeps us mobile, agile and fun-going! Our B-Ready has taken flights with us and hasn’t been treated lightly; through it all the B-Ready has continued to perform no matter the obstacles or the situation…for us it is the ultimate stroller.
While the BRITAX car seats keep my little men safe and comfortable even on several hour trips. The true measure of a great car seat is how long a child can fall asleep comfortably during a long car ride. One our last trip, which last 4+ hour, both Rock and X fell asleep for almost the whole time even with a good night sleep before. This is important, it is one thing to have a car seat that protect your child, but one that is also comfortable both makes it a better trip for the child but also the parents (less screaming/fighting/crying and distractions!).
Do you have any tips for successful road trips? PLEASE leave a comment!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a Britax Latina Advisory Board Member and Blogger. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories stated here are clearly my own.