Update! This giveaway sweepstakes is closed. Congrats to DV.
As the boys grow up having time to sit down for breakfast has become more and more difficult, especially when I am by myself. I would love to say that the TV doesn’t come on at moments like these and I wish I was a better parent in order to handle these situations but when weighing having children who haven’t eaten a breakfast and one that are happy and full, I have decided to take the less of two evils. Fortunately, this doesn’t happen often. Either way, sometimes it is good to let loose on a Saturday and watch some Saturday morning cartoons. I certainly remember my childhood doing exactly the same thing. Unfortunately, the selection of shows for kids aged 2-4 are usually not the most interesting in the world. I might be alone here but all cartoons don’t have to be exclusively for education, some can just be about fun. That is why recently we found ourselves watching the Vortexx block sponsored by Saban on the CW from 7am to 12pm in the morning. It has a bit of everything we (being boys) like to watch: superheroes, robots and explosions.
Not to say that it is all appropriate for their age range, but shows like Rescue Heroes which teaches about team work and community responsibility is exactly the type of show that is great to watch and learn from. This is balanced by shows like Justice League Unlimited, Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy and Dragon Ball Z Kai (which I used to watch in College) which while not very education are fun to watch even for adults. More importantly, it keep little tushes in their seats eating their breakfast.
For more information please visit myvortexx.com. Here is the full line up:
7:00 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. (Educational and Informational Hour) —Cubix
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. (Educational and Informational Hour) —Rescue Heroes
8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.—Power Rangers: Lost Galaxy
8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m.—Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL
9:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.—Iron Man: Armored Adventures
9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.—Justice League Unlimited
10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.—WWE Saturday Morning Slam
10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.—Dragonball Z Kai
11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.—Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic
So in the spirit of these Saturdays I have spent watching cartoons with my boys and the memories of the shows I watched as a boy we are giving away a Vortexx breakfast pack. This includes a box of Vortexx O’s (Cheerios), milk, a couple of t-shirts and some toys from the shows. You can see an example of a pack below (the package varies depending on family size):
ONE Dancing Hotdogs.com readers will win the Vortexx Breakfast Pack valued at up to $50.00.
All you have to do is leave a comment on what was your favorite Saturday morning cartoon AND your e-mail in comment so I can easily contact you.
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
- Post this give-away information on Facebook (1 entry, please leave link in comment)
- Give our Facebook page a “Like” (leave a comment)
- follow @dancinghotdogs on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DaddyUprising on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @rosadancing on twitter (leave a comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Post this give-away information on your favorite sweepstakes or blog site. (please leave link in comment)
- Subscribe to DancingHotdogs.com.( please leave link in comment)
Disclosure: This is a sponsored sweekstake from Vortexx and Dancing Hotdogs. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories stated here are clearly my own.
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins August 28 ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. on September 3, 2012. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins August 30 ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. on September 4, 2012. Open. Open (“Giveaway”). One winner of the “Vortexx Breakfast Pack” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Vortexx Breakfast Pack” with a value up to $50.00. Entrants for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winner will be selected at random on or about September 4, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Vortexx Breakfast Pack ARV: $50.00. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than September 5, 2012 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com