From August 23 to 26th, I headed to New Orleans, LA for a solo summer trip to the Niche Mommy Conference.
2012 was its inaugural year and began as a community to collaborate moms from Latino, African-American, Caucasian, and other diverse and multicultural backgrounds. The idea grew from a community of moms to planning a full-scale social media conference that recognizes the influence and consumer buying power of diverse moms that blog.
The Conference took place at the beautiful Roosevelt New Orleans Hotel and I had the pleasure of speaking at the conference about the importance of an elevator pitch with my lovely Trumpeting Media, Esti, (I will follow up with another post our presentation.)
Check out some of the fun pictures of the whirlwind four days that even Hurricane Isaac could not stop!
Thanks to my fabulous BRITAX sponsors I was able to network and learn from some amazing bloggers, speakers and brands.
I got to:
- Hear travel blogging tips from the fabulous Tracey Friley, “Be a Storyteller”
- Learn how to use Google+ from a Google employee and expert, “Use Google+ profile to fullest!”
- Tips on taking my engagement to another level with Ted Rubin, “”Everytime you get a card take the time to reach out afterwards with Linked in, emails”
- Hear html and coding tips from Collective Bias, “Use nofollow plugins”
- Meet and spend time with fantabulous Niche bloggers from across the nation
Check out the #NicheMommy12 to see all social media updates.
Congrats to Nadia, Greta and team! So excited for you and cannot wait to see what you have planned for next year!
Thank you so much BRITAX for the opportunity to represent your brand at the conference!
Disclosure: I am Britax Latina Advisory Board Member and Blogger and BRITAX sponsored my trip to the conference. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories stated here are clearly my own.