It is Day 10 of me being a single Mami while Eddy is away on an international business trip in the U.K. I love my little men Rock and X but I am exhausted and I still have another eight days to go! Phew!
Yes, during the day I am usually alone with my little men but when Eddy arrives he is fantastic! He is totally hands on and bathes our little men and hangs out with them before they go to bed and gives me much needed “me” time.
The Grandmamas, Grandpapas and sisters have been amazing helping whenever they can but at the end of the day this Mami is running the show. Thankfully I have help from Huggies ® to keep my little men clean.
For our last post we put the new and improved Huggies ® diapers and wipes to the test.
For this post we took Huggies® diapers and wipes for the ride on a daily day.
Check out our video.
During the day I:
- Changed X 12 times with 0 leaks or accidents
- Wiped up my furniture and table seven times after each meal or snack
- Cleaned little faces and hands so many times I lost track
- Removed my eye make up after the end of the day
Time and time again I have said the NUMBER ONE essential baby, toddler and big kid product is BABY WIPES! During this one day I went through 12 diapers and half of a Huggies® wipes tubs. Did you see how my little men are always eating and getting into trouble? That’s my day every day!
I love how the Huggies ® wipes are durable for dirty hands and wiping up messes but soft enough for loved ones bottoms, hands and faces.
And Celebrity Dad Poncho de Ande and his beautiful wife Lina Amashta could not agree more he says,
“Have Wipes On Hand. Disposable wipes are crucial in any household with a baby. We have tubs of wipes all over the house, not just the nursery, and use them for everything from diaper changing to dinner clean up. The new and improved Huggies Natural Care Wipes are great to clean up little hands and faces after a family meal because they are gentle and fragrance-free for soft baby skin.”
Some of their other tips for keeping your sanity.
- Keep order. Having a second child and handling two little ones certainly can be difficult. Being organized is key. Implement schedules to stay organized; before and after the baby. Although at first babies can be unpredictable with their sleeping and feeding schedule, they will eventually adapt to the routine.
- Mark your safety zones. If you have small children, you’ve probably already baby-proofed your house. But when you have guests with their own children coming over, it’s always a good time to go through the house again. Make sure cleaning supplies and medications are stored safely away, put padding on sharp table corners and remove fragile items like glass vases and frames from low surfaces.
- Baby blockers. If the kids head towards an unacceptable or dangerous play area or object, we calmly say “No” and either remove them from the area or we distract them with another activity. It’s hard to keep up with an on-the-go baby, and when caught in the act, it’s important to speak to them firmly. Avoid yelling as it pushes their irritability button.
- Diaper Bag Distractions. Raising two small children can be tricky – they want to get their hands into everything! That’s why we always stock our diaper bag with small toys, a few snacks, books and Huggies Snug & Dry Diapers with improved Leak Lock. They absorb faster and keep our baby dryer longer, so he stays happy no matter where we are.