Images courtesy of American Dairy Association and Dairy Council
Update! Giveaway is closed! Congrats to Rose.
A few magical weekends ago Eddy and I were invited by the American Dairy Association and Dairy Counsel (ADADC) for a wonderful weekend away from our little men and pups to get a behind the scenes tour of a working multi-generational family farm and a taste bud tour of local dairy products and local wines.
The Dancing Hotdogs family is part of our local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) and for 20 weeks of the year we get local produce picked at the peak of freshness to enjoy. As a Mami, I am always trying to buy and make the best for our family and the CSA gives us not only an opportunity to help our local Connecticut farms but also enjoy delicious produce and venture out of vegetable comfort zone and try out new vegetable and recipes.
That is why I was really excited to make the six hour ride to upstate New York, where dairy is their largest agricultural business, to learn about local dairy products, modern farming and get re-educated on the biggest dairy farming myths by the experts.
Ivy League educated experts like Kitty Noble Rudgers, Co-owner of NobleHurst Farms Inc., John Rudgers, manager of Synergy LLC., D.G. Schwytzer, Veterinarian, Chad Stoeckl, CAFO Planner and Todd Ward, Nutritionist.
Check out the video recap of the Noblehurst Farms tour in Linwood, NY. I apologize for the shaky moments but Eddy and I enjoyed an amazing hay ride on a crisp Fall day and it got a bit bumpy.
I was blown away with how passionate the ADADC whose mission is to economically benefit dairy farmers by encouraging the consumption of milk and dairy products through advertising, education and promotion, to reach consumers with product benefits and advantages and Noblehurst Farms employees were about making quality products without sacrificing animals or the environment in the process.
Noblehurst Farms in an effort to go green operate an anaerobic digester system is a manure management system that collects, stores and transforms manure into energy with the help of microbes. As we toured the farms and facilities I was impressed with the level of technology on the farm which included a rotary parlor used to milk over 1000 cows to produce approximately 15,000 gallons daily. The cows are provided plenty of water, food and space and the level of care reaps rewards for Noblehurst Farms since they are paid a premium for their milk based on the protein and at percentages and only.
Did you know?
- Approximately 98% of all New York farms are owned by families
- Approximately 5,300 dairy farms produce milk, cheese, yogurt and other dairy foods for residents of NY, the U.S. and diary consumers around the world
- Agriculture stands out as a sector of the economy that consistently runs a trade surplus
- One serving of milk, or cheese provides 30% of your dairy calcium, which is essential for strong bones and teeth
- Dairy Industry has reduced its carbon footprint 60% between 1944 to 2007
- Only 2% of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions come from Dairy
I have always know that dairy products contain all 9 essential nutrients required for a healthy and well-balanced diet but after this amazing opportunity with the ADADC I learned that it takes a lot of amazing people and hard work to get it on our table.
One Dancing Hotdogs.com reader will win a ADADC Gift Bag valued at $80.00.
Just head over to http://www.adadc.com/ and leave a comment telling me what you learned. (And leave your email in the comment so I can easily reach you.)
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
- Post this give-away information on Facebook (1 entry, please leave link in comment)
- Give our Facebook page a “Like” (leave a comment)
- follow @dancinghotdogs on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DaddyUprising on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @rosadancing on twitter (leave a comment)
- Subscribe to DancingHotdogs.com.( please leave link in comment)
- follow our Youtube page (leave a comment)
- follow our Pinterest page (leave a comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Post this give-away information on your favorite sweepstakes or blog site. (please leave link in comment)
Disclosure: ADADC is sponsoring this giveaway sweepstakes and provided me with similar products along with paying for my meals and accommodations for the weekend. As always my post is my unbiased opinion.
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins November 8, 2012 and at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on November 18, 2012. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at November 8, 2012 and at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on November 18, 2012. Open (“Giveaway”). The winners of the “ADADC gift bag”will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “ADADC gift bag” with a value of $80.00. Entrants for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winners will be selected at random on or about November 18, 2012 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “ADADC gift bag”Total ARV: $80.00. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than November 20, 2012 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
7. SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and American Dairy Association and Dairy Counsel.