Little men enjoying Girl Scout cookies
Update giveaway is closed. Congrats to Kristen.
Friday, February 8th is National Girl Scout Cookie day and Girl Scouts of the USA will be celebrating with lots of smiles, friendship, confidence and of course cookies!
I was never a girl scout but I love how this American Institution’s mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place all while empowering them to discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together. Through a myriad of enriching experiences, such as extraordinary field trips, sports skill-building clinics, community service projects, cultural exchanges, and environmental stewardships, girls grow courageous and strong. Girl Scouting helps girls develop their full individual potential; relate to others with increasing understanding, skill, and respect; develop values to guide their actions and provide the foundation for sound decision-making; and contribute to the improvement of society through their abilities, leadership skills, and cooperation with others.
February 8 will commemorate girl leadership of one of the nation’s most prized youth-based programs that has provided these leadership skills to more than 59 million women nationwide.
So what are you doing to celebrate girl power?
Images courtesy of Girl Scouts
Well if you live in the tri-state area how about joining Girl Scouts of the USA CEO Anna Maria Chavez and Sweetery NYC Food Truck for a sweet meet up throughout New York City for photo opportunities with our local New York Girl Scout council members, among other activities.
Who: Girl Scouts of the USA and CEO Anna Maria Chávez
When: Friday, February 8, beginning at 11 am
Where: Sweetery trucks in select areas of New York City
8am -10am, 42nd and Madison
11am-1pm, 57th between fifth and sixth
2pm-4pm, Park between 52nd and 53rd
5pm-7pm, Amsterdam Ave btw 70th & 71st St.
Why: National Girl Scout Cookie Day was established to honor troops’ efforts in advancing the largest girl-led business enterprise in the country. For information about the cookie program, visit girlscoutcookies.org.
Do not live in the tri-state area? Do not fret they gave me five boxes for one lucky Dancing Hotdogs.com reader!
One Dancing Hotdogs.com reader will win five boxes of Girl Scout Cookies retail value of over $20.00.
Just head over to Girl Scout website and tell me what one of the five skills you learn through Girl Scouts. (And leave your email in the comment so I can easily reach you.)
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
- Post this give-away information on Facebook (1 entry, please leave link in comment)
- Give our Facebook page a “Like” (leave a comment)
- follow @dancinghotdogs on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DaddyUprising on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @rosadancing on twitter (leave a comment)
- Subscribe to DancingHotdogs.com.( please leave link in comment)
- follow our Youtube page (leave a comment)
- follow our Pinterest page (leave a comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Post this give-away information on your favorite sweepstakes or blog site. (please leave link in comment)
Disclosure: Girl Scouts is sponsoring this giveaway and provided me with the samples. As always my post is my unbiased opinions.
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins January 24, 2013 and at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on February 3, 2013. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at January 24, 2013 and at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on February 3, 2013. Open (“Giveaway”). The winner of the “Girl Scout Cookies” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Girl Scout Cookies” with a value over $20.00. Entrants for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winners will be selected at random on or about February 3, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “Girl Scout Cookies” Total ARV: over $20.00. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than February 4, 2013 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
7. SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and Girl Scouts of America