Build-A-Bear Workshop ® is one of those retailers that since its creation fifteen years ago has been revolutionary in their retail approach. I remember going as a girl and falling in love with my Bearemy as I picked out his outfit, filled out his birth certificate and getting emails celebrating his birthday day.
For 2013, after spending the last two years creating a newly imagined store design that merges the hands-on bear-making experience with innovative technology that is central to how kids play today. The updated store allows Guests of all ages to personalize the bear-making process and offers them a different experience each time they visit a Build-A-Bear Workshop store and yesterday the Dancing Hotdogs family got to check out the new interactive entertainment retailer in their New York City pop up store.
Check out our video of our experience with some words from Build-A-Bear Workshop’s Director of Digital Ventures Brandon Elliott:
That’s right all the new stores are going to have so much digital interactions for all store visitors like:
- Interactive storefront using Microsoft’s Kinec technology and touch screens
- Love Me station where store visitors can customize their new best friends with unique traits like smart, funny etc in their red satin hearts
- Hear Me station allows you to customize your new friend with today’s hits from One Direction and other hit makers or using chip plus technology record your voice to Build-A-Sound
- The Fluff Me station, allows Guests to interact with their new furry friends at a “water rippling and splashing” digital bath tub that is enabled by Samsung’s SUR40 withMicrosoft® PixelSense™ technology. The tub magically recognizes the items as they are placed on it and reacts with sensory effects such as virtual bubbles that appear when play soap is placed on the “water surface.”
- Stuff Me station also allows you to use SCENTiments to make your furry friend smell like bubble gum, cotton candy etc that will change per season and holiday
All the interactive technology innovations by INFUSION a company who solves business problems by combining expert software engineering with appealing user experiences and design really made this event for my little guys.
Everything you LOVE about Build-A-Bear like the super cute outfits and accessories, Workshop Cub Condo ® and the magic of making a best friend is still intact.
I love how Build-A-Bear Workshop® and INFUSION is still instilling the love of a stuffed animal but using the best technology to make your experience more interactive.
Six interactive store locations have opened up across the country and as 2013 progresses more concept stores will be opening. For more information on the new stores and products check out www.buildabear.com
My little men love their new buddies, thanks Build-A-Bear Workshop® and INFUSION!
About Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.
Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. is the only global company that offers an interactive make-your-own stuffed animal retail-entertainment experience. There are more than 400
Build-A-Bear Workshop stores worldwide, including company-owned stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland, and franchise stores in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, Mexico and South America. Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear Workshop is the leader in interactive retail. Brands include make-your-own Major League Baseball® mascot in-stadium locations, and Build-A-Dino® stores. Build-A-Bear Workshop extends its in-store interactive experience online with its award winning virtual world and entertainment destination website at bearville.com™. The company was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fourth year in a row in 2012. Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE: BBW) posted total revenue of $394.4 million in fiscal 2011. For more information, call 888.560.BEAR (2327) or visit the company’s award-winning website atbuildabear.com®.
Disclosure: I attended this Build-A-Bear Workshop ® sponsored event but as always my opinions are my own.