Update! Giveaway is closed congrats to winner.
What are you doing on February 18th? How about joining PBS Kids and Buddy, Tiny, Shiny and Don our favorite Pteranodon for an underwater adventure?
Submarine Adventure, the one-hour program will feature four new stories about sea creatures that lived during the “Age of Dinosaurs.”
I got a prescreener of the new special and my little men and I got a chance to see it before the official screening. You know perks of being a proud PBS KIDS ambassador.
When the Pteranodon family takes the Dinosaur Train under the sea to visit their friend Elmer Elasmosaurus, they learn that the Elasmosaurus family is leaving the station to follow their food – the fish. Buddy wants to follow, but the train tunnel doesn’t go that way – so Mr. Conductor decides to take the family in a brand-new invention, the Dinosaur Train Submarine! On their journey, they meet a marine reptile called Otto Ophthalmosaurus, who guides the submarine deeper than it’s ever been, and even helps them find their way out of a sea cave.
The Pteranodon family goes under the sea again to ride the Dinosaur Train Submarine – this time they go to meet Shoshana Shonisaurus, an enormous marine reptile that’s something between a dolphin and a whale. Since Shoshana loves to dive very deep, Shiny has a problem with following her to the bottom of the sea. Shoshana kindly helps Shiny get over her fear of diving deep.
The Pteranodon family goes back underwater in the Dinosaur Train Submarine and meets Maisie and Marvin Mosasaurus, a daughter and father who are huge, fast-swimming lizards with flippers. Maisie and Shiny bond when they discover neither likes to go deep in the water. The Pteranodons and Mosasaurus have a great time near the ocean’s surface, each family showing the other how they hunt and catch fish to eat.
“A Sea Turtle Tale”
The Pteranodon family is on the beach watching small eggs hatch and baby Archelon turtles emerge and start to swim away. The family and Mr. Conductor get into the Dinosaur Train Submarine and follow the baby Archelons, who discover their own facts of nature – that their mother doesn’t stay with them after they’re born and that they will grow up to be giant-sized sea turtles.
Check out the trailer.
This special that teaches preschoolers the joys of natural science, natural history and paleontology will be available on DVD starting February 19th!
One Dancing Hotdogs.com readers will win a “Dinosaur Train Submarine Adventure DVD” valued at $9.99. Leave me comment saying which character you are most excited to see. (Along with your email so I can easily reach you.)
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
- Post this give-away information on Facebook (1 entry, please leave link in comment)
- Give our Facebook page a “Like” (leave a comment)
- follow @dancinghotdogs on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DaddyUprising on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @rosadancing on twitter (leave a comment)
- Subscribe to DancingHotdogs.com.( please leave link in comment)
- follow our Youtube page (leave a comment)
- follow our Pinterest page (leave a comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Post this give-away information on your favorite sweepstakes or blog site. (please leave link in comment)
Disclosure: I am a PBS Kids ambassador and was provided prescreener of the new special. I was not obligated to post on this but wanted to share and have giveaway sweepstakes.
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins February 14, 2013 and at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on February 24, 2013. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at February 14, 2013 and at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on February 24, 2013. Open (“Giveaway”). The winners of the “Dinosaur Train Submarine Adventure DVD” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Dinosaur Train Submarine Adventure DVD” Total ARV: $9.99 for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winners will be selected at random on or about February 24, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “Dinosaur Train Submarine Adventure DVD” Total ARV: $9.99. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than February 24, 2013 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
7. SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and PBS Kids