Can you hear it? Can you smell it? Can you taste it? Can you see it? Can you feel it? Spring is in the air!
The Dancing Hotdogs family and I are cannot wait!
Our spring calendar is filling up with outdoor activities, bike rides, road trips and spring fun! As the weather gets warmer, I want my little men to be outside enjoying the new season but as a parent I have to aware of spring safety rules so spring fever does not turn into spring boo boos and injuries.
Here are some bike, sun and car tips to keep in mind for Spring 2013.
- Protect yourself and your family, BE ALERT and wear bright colors
- Where safety GEAR like helmets, reflectors or pads no matter your age
- Check and maintain your GEAR before a ride
- BE AWARE and obey the rules of the road whether riding with traffic or on the sidewalk
- BE AWARE 10 am to 4 pm is when sun rays are their harshest. Limit the time you spend outdoors during those hours
- Wear at least SPF 30 and reapply throughout the day
- Wear sunglasses and other protect GEAR
- Water! Stay hydrated for great everything inside and out
- Obey the rules of the road and BE AWARE of pedestrians and bike riders
- Maintain your car and do quick check on tires and fluids before a long trip
- Spring showers are just as dangerous as snow showers so check your speed and visibility when out during rain
- Make sure your car seat is installed correctly! Not sure? Head over to your local police department to check your car seat. BRITAX takes the guess work out of the installation with the design and these awesome video tutorials per model.
So remember BE ALERT, AWARE of rules, get the right GEAR and maintain it AND have FUN!
Do you have any tips for a safe Spring adventure?
This is a sponsored post as a BRITAX Latina Advisory Board Member and Blogger. As always, all opinions, ideas, and stories stated here are clearly my own.