Image courtesy of Fox Entertainment
Update this giveaway is closed, congrats to Deanna!
Disclosure: I am a Fox Home Entertainer Insider and they are sponsoring this giveaway. As always my post is my unbiased opinions.
Kids back to school? Back into the Fall and School groove? No? ME TOO! Here are some Modern Family tips to keep you breathing whether your kids are headed to Kindergarten, college or any other transitional stages in life.
The laughs – and the awards – just keep on coming for the #1-rated “Modern Family,” winner of three consecutive Emmy Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series! With Jay and Gloria’s baby on the way and Haley going off to college, the entire Pritchett/Dunphy clan faces some major surprises as they bicker and bond over house-flipping headaches, unwanted play dates, and everything from hot-tempered hormones to in utero karaoke. Featuring a stellar array of guest stars including Matthew Broderick, Shelley Long and Elizabeth Banks, Season Four takes a heartfelt and laugh-out-lough hilarious look at what it means to be a “Modern Family.”
Before you send off your precious son or daughter to fend for their selves in college, make sure you clearly discuss guidelines. Remind them that even though you are not there to set specific rules, they are still responsible for their actions. Claire and Phil certainly know what it’s like when your daughter calls you one night because they’ve been caught doing illegal things by the police.
Prepare Your Little One
Kindergarten is a huge step for your little one! Make sure they are prepared for their big day by giving them a basic educational foundation and teaching them to play well with others. When Lily heads off to kindergarten and gets in a tousle on her first day, Cam and Mitchell are put in a very awkward situation. No parent wants to be in the same situation!
Communication is Key
Set up specific times to continue growing as a family. There is a fine line between suffocating your college kid and staying informed about what’s going on in their life. Many families will select a certain time, for instance Sunday afternoons, to have family phone calls and catch up on the week’s happenings, even if they have talked throughout the week. Just because your son or daughter has moved out, it does not mean that your relationship has to suffer! In fact, sometimes parent-child relationships grow once the kid has left for college.
Plan a fun activity for yourself right after dropping your son of in his college dorm room or leaving your daughter for the first day of kindergarten. Have a distraction for yourself so that you don’t find yourself at home looking through photo albums and wondering “how did the time go by so quickly?” These steps are exciting, but certainly emotional and you don’t want to wallow in your sorrows.
Show You Care
No matter what age your child is, make sure you are sharing in their excitement! Whether you have a kindergartener bringing home a painting or a college student signing up for campus activities, ask them questions about their life and listen to their answers. Celebrate with them when they ace an exam or learn to count to 20.
Eddy and I love Modern Family. All the laughter, love and comic gold that takes place in less than 30 minutes and with Season 4 being nationally released on September 24, 2013 in both Blu-ray and DVD formats we can rewatch our favorite scenes along with new special features which include:
- Deleted and Alternate Scenes
- Commentary on “Party Crasher”
- Commentary on “Fulgencio”
- An Addition to the Family
- A Day with Eric
- Commentary on “Career Day”
- Commentary on “Goodnight Gracie”
- A Modern Guide to Parenting
- “Modern Family” Writers
- Gag Reel
Total run time of this PG family friendly show is 516 minutes and the whole family can enjoy it in English, French and Spanish subtitles. And as a Fox Insider, we are giving a copy away!
One reader will win a Modern Family DVD at over $20.00. Leave me a comment with a tip for any modern family!
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
- Post this give-away information on Facebook or tweet about giveaway (1 entry, please leave link in comment)
- Give our Facebook page a “Like” (leave a comment)
- follow @dancinghotdogs on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DaddyUprising on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @rosadancing on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @DisneyFiles on twitter (leave a comment)
- follow @TrumpetingMedia on twitter (leave a comment)
- Subscribe to DancingHotdogs.com.( please leave link in comment)
- follow our Youtube page (leave a comment)
- follow our Pinterest page (leave a comment)
- follow TheDisneyFiles youtube page (leave a comment)
- Retweet the giveaway post (1 entry per day please leave link in comment)
- Post this give-away information on your favorite sweepstakes or blog site. (please leave link in comment)
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins September 15, 2013 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on September 23, 2013. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at September 13, 2013 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on September 23, 2013. Open (“Giveaway”). The winners of the “Modern Family Season 4 DVD” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Modern Family Season 4 DVD” Total ARV over $20.00 for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winners will be selected at random on or about September 23, 2013 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “Modern Family Season 4 DVD” over $20.00. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion. Giveaway sweepstakes for tickets only winner responsible for all transportation and accommodation costs.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than September 25, 2013 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
7. SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and Fox Home Entertainer Insider.