Disclosure: I am part of the Netflix Stream Team. As always, my posts are based on my opinions and experiences.
Hopefully spring will soon come. Up in the Northeast it has been one cold spell after the other. The good thing about being stuck inside is getting to watch a lot of Netflix. We have become experts of the Netflix Kids section.
We have decided to give you our favorite TV shows and movies for kids on Netflix.
- Phineas and Ferb: This is an intelligent and creative series for both kids and parents. Emphasizes getting outside and actually doing something in the summer and teaches parent to give kids time to be bored and create their own entertainment.
- Star Wars Clone Wars: A new addition to our list. No real educational value other than learning about Star Wars…which when I think about it is just as important!
- Super Why: A favorite of both boys, and emphasizes reading.
- All the Marvel and DC shows. You honestly can take your pick from Justice League Unlimited to Lego Marvel Heroes and Superhero Squad. The boys and I cannot get enough. I am super excited about the new shows being developed by Marvel and Netflix.
- Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.: This is one that D instilled in the boys. It is hard not to love that huge dog.
- Any of the Disney movies…we love the fact that Netflix has partnered with Disney. The current selection leans towards the older stuff, which is still excellent none the less. Some of our favorite on Netflix right now are Robin Hood, The Emperor’s New Groove, Hercules and Dumbo.
- The Avengers Movie. While it can be a bit violent for the young one, there is a reason why it was one of the highest grossing films in history. Kids and parents absolutely loved it.
- Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension: See the show above. If Rock could have his way this movie would be on constant replay.
- James and The Giant Peach: based on the Roald Dahl book the boys are big fans of the insects coming alive to help and save a little boy.
As an added bonus here are D and I favorite adult Netflix picks (in no particular order):
- Orange is the New Black (TV Series)
- Leverage (TV Series)
- Dexter (TV Series)
- Sherlock (TV Series)