Disclosure: I am a PBS KIDS ambassador and all my travel and accommodations for the PBS Annual Meeting were covered by PBS. As always, my posts are based on my opinions and experiences.
I know, I know, I know! It has been weeks since I last posted! If you follow me on @DancingHotdogs you know I have been nonstop traveling and just returned from a whirlwind PBS KIDS adventure to San Francisco, CA.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE PBS KIDS and am so proud to be their PBS KIDS VIP (Very Involved Parent) or ambassador with 30 other amazing parent bloggers.
Every year we are invited to PBS Annual meeting where we get the inside look on new PBS initiatives and shows for the upcoming year.
This year was no different, I got to;
Hang with Emmy Nominated Cookie Monster and David Budman. (Click to get a kiss from Cookie Monster!)
Get the inside scoop on why you should watch the newest PBS KIDS show, ODD SQUAD, with Creators Tim McKeon and Adam Peltzman
AND countless exciting PBS and PBS KIDS sneak peeks that I am not yet allowed to share so STAY TUNED!
One thing I can share is the Pottery Barn Kids & PBS KIDS 2014 Summer Reading Challenge.
Pottery Barn Kids, a member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. portfolio of brands, announced the launch of its Summer Reading Challenge in partnership with PBS KIDS, the most educational media brand for children. The challenge, which runs through July 17, is designed to inspire a love of learning and literacy for kids and their families throughout the summer months.
I love how Pottery Barn Kids and PBS KIDS are challenging and rewarding kids for keeping the learning up during the summer break. Each book was chosen based on favorites identified by Pottery Barn Kids customers, and features characters that excite the imagination in kids of all ages.
This year’s book list includes titles that will inspire and delight children of all ages, including:
Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman
Big Brothers Don’t Take Naps by Louise Borden
Corduroy by Don Freeman
Good Night, Good Night Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
Grammy Lamby and the Secret Handshake by Kate Klise and M. Sarah Klise
How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague
Ladybug Girl by David Samon and Jacky Davis
Tallulah’s Toe Shoes by Marilyn Singer and Alexandra Boiger
The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers
What Sisters Do Best/What Brothers Do Best by Laura Numeroff and Lynn Munsinger
To get you excited for the Pottery Barn Kids and PBS KIDS Reading Challenge. How about a giveaway?
One reader will win a Pottery Barn Kids gift card valued at $25.00. Visit Leave me a comment telling me which book you are most want to read with your loved one.
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins May 22, 2014 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on June 1, 2014. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at May 22, 2014 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on June 1, 2014. Open (“Giveaway”). The winner of the “Pottery Barn Kids’ Gift card” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Pottery Barn Kids’ Gift card” Total ARV $20.00 for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winners will be selected at random on or about June 3, 2014 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
2. Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “Pottery Barn Kids’ Gift card” valued $20.00. Odds of winning Giveaway prize depend on total number of eligible entries received during the Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion. Giveaway sweepstakes for tickets only winner responsible for all transportation and accommodation costs.
4. GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
5. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
6. Winners names will be available no later than June 4, 2013 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
7. SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and Pottery Barn Kids.