Disclosure: The Dancing Hotdogs family were guests of Walt Disney World Resort for Juntos En Disney FAM trip and our park passes, hotel accommodations and meals were covered. As always, my posts are based on my opinions and experiences.
Growing up I went to Walt Disney World three times and each time we had a beyond magical time at the parks. We never stayed at the Walt Disney World Resorts and I still remember my parents waking us up ridiculously early so we could get a good parking spot and staying at the parks the whole day without any breaks (though we could all have used a break) because of parking.
Fast forward to my Mami-hood, where the Dancing Hotdogs family has only stayed at Walt Disney World Resorts and I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH about the benefits of staying on a Disney Property.
- Gorgeous themed hotels that are clean, accommodating staff and access to Disney monorails or Disney’s transportation system.
- Disney’s Magical Express! Who can beat complimentary Disney transportations to and from Orlando International Airport and your hotel?
- Amazing pools and plenty of complimentary employee run family activities like movies under the stars, roasting marshmallows or daily pool parties.
- Extra Magic Hours that extend your play time at different parks.
- Complimentary parking if you have a car.
I do not blame my parents, they did the best that they could. We were a family of five, two parents and three daughters and staying at a Disney Resort sounds very expensive. And it can be, especially if you are staying at the luxury suites at the Disney Deluxe Resorts
However, Walt Disney World knows everyone wants to partake in the magic so they have multiple Walt Disney Resorts in varying prices to accommodate any budget.
During the Juntos En Disney FAM trip, mi Mama, sons and I had the opportunity to stay at Disney’s newest resort, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
Check out my 2013 video tour.
Be surrounded in the artistry, enchantment and magic of Walt Disney and Disney•Pixar movies. Stay at a Disney Resort hotel that invites you to explore the storybook landscapes seen in such classics as Finding Nemo, Cars, The Lion King and The Little Mermaid. From delightfully themed family suites to wondrously detailed courtyards, Disney’s Art of Animation “draws” you and your family in to become a part of some of your animated favorites.
I remember when I toured in the resort in 2013; I was impressed with The Disney’s Art of Animation but after staying there I can honestly say this is the best Disney can deliver! The themes, the visuals and the amenities are phenomenal for the cost per room.
Check out my boys walk through Route 66.
Our Cars room tour with words from Rock and X on their favorite parts of the room.
A tour of a standard Nemo Family Suite
Largest Resort Pool In Walt Disney World Resort; The Big Blue Pool
As you can see Disney’s Art of Animation has everything including three pools, Pixel Play Arcade, a playground and cafeteria with make your own pasta, pizza and other items that work with the Disney meal plan.
What I loved about the resort along with the awesome pool which plays different music under water thanks to some state-of-the-art speakers, is that the family suites accommodate parties up to six.
The family suites includes a bedroom with one queen-size bed; one double-size convertible TableBed; one double-size sleeper sofa; living room; 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette.
In most Disney resorts a family of four is the standard except for a few rooms in a few resorts. So this is heaven sent for families larger than four or just want some extra room to stretch out.
Tips for staying at Disney’s Art of Animation:
- When you check-in ask staff for list of complimentary activities like Disney animation drawing classes so you can learn how to draw favorite character.
- Cars and Lion King Buildings are closest to main entrance, pools and parking.
- Have fun and show your creative side on big easels outside main entrance.
- Large pizzas are available in the cafeteria starting at $13.99 for affordable bite by pool or in your room. Cafeteria staff will provide you paper plates, napkins etc.
- Take advantage of the refrigerator and kitchenette and stock up snacks and drinks at cafeteria or
- The pools are SO much fun you will definitely want to take a day to just stay at the resort and enjoy with the family.
Walt Disney Resorts, in conjunction with their new #TogetheratDisney #JuntosenDisney campaign, is having special offer for summer travel on select Disney Resort hotels including 10% or 15% off Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. Visit Disney Resorts offers for all the details including how to extend the magic with additional days.
Thank you Disney’s Art of Animation for giving “value” a brand new look!