Disclosure: I was invited to this Sesame Street sponsored event and am a PBS KIDS ambassador for 2012 and 2013. As always my post is my unbiased opinions.
You do not get to be the longest-running children’s show by just sitting on your laurels. Sesame Street and Sesame Workshop knows they must keep up with the modern times while showcasing their beloved characters like Cookie and Elmo in new high tech fun.
Today’s Sesame Street Digital Playground showed the best of apps, streaming and e-books.
Check out my Sesame Street Digital Playground recap.
Some of my favorites:
- New U.K. series Furchester Hotel with Elmo and Cookie premieres on 11/14 and looks SO CUTE!
- Sesame Street Community and Family Engagement Apps that cover topics like incarceration, military families and Breath, Think, Do with Sesame Street.
- Sesame Street Go (coming soon! And perfect for any travel plans.)
- Elmo’s Monster Maker
- Another Monster at the End of This Book app
- Cookie Monster’s Challenge
Visit iTunes.com/SesameStreet and SesameStreet.org
Local to NYC Tri-State? You must check out “somebody COME and PLAY” exhibit (until January 31, 2015) that celebrates 45 years of Sesame Street at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts. Visit nypl.org/lpa/events.
BRAVO Sesame Workshop! Always at the forefront of engaging educational entertainment for preschoolers!