If follow me on social media you know that I spent afternoon with one and only Alice Cooper!
The rock icon has a new title; narrator and voice talent to classic tales!
Check out my event recap video with behind the scenes information on the creation of the one of a kind app.
As you hear from the creators is not your average kids app. Each scene you see has been hand painted and is a work of art in itself.
Check out how they made the robot for a really fun game in the app.
This started in 2008 as a passion project that really became a reality 18 months ago when musical rights were acquired, sets were built and the partnership with Universal Music Group and Alice Cooper was finalized.
To create this!
Prokofiev’s tale, set in modern-day Los Angeles, begins with the wolf’s escape from the local zoo. To capture the wolf, Peter has to build a robot, maneuver his way through a thrilling helicopter chase, and manage some hilarious interactions with a few quirky animals. Peter’s adventures, which culminate in the forbidden garden of a movie star, are set to timeless music and interspersed with absorbing mini-games, including:
BUILD A ROBOT: Help Peter build a robot using an electro-magnet and crates of spare parts.
ENTER PETER’S DREAM: Reveal the meanings of the constellations imagined by Peter.
PHOTO ALBUM: Discover Peter’s childhood, before he moved to America to live with his Grandfather.
SWIM LIKE A DUCK AND FLY LIKE A BIRD: Launch the duck into the pool and swim around. Fly the bird through clouds leaving trails of musical notes.
MUSICAL FOOTPRINTS: Make beautiful music with the cat’s paw-prints. Watch out, though – each time you make a mistake, she yowls!
SNARE THE WOLF: Tip and tilt your iPad to catch the wolf by the tail. The paparazzi are waiting to take photos of your prize.
The creative musical geniuses Doug Fitch, Edouard Getaz and the Giants Are Small team have created something that will not only teach your kids about classical music and the classic story but with wifi availability it will allow your kids to explore and learn about the music in the app. They will be shocked and hopefully inspired to learn that all the music is original recordings from by one of the best youth philharmonic orchestras in the world: the National Youth Orchestra of Germany, conducted by Alexander Shelley!
New App is available now in the Apple store. $2.99 for iphone and $4.99 for ipad.
One (1) reader will win #PeterandtheWolfApp giveaway valued $25 that includes Peter and the Wolf in Hollywood CD and $10 iTunes gift card.
Leave me a comment telling me why you want to win!
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins April 21, 2016 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on May 1, 2016. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at April 21, 2016 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on May 1, 2016. Open (“Giveaway”). The winner of the “#PeterandtheWolfApp prize pack” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “#PeterandtheWolfApp prize pack” Total ARV $25.00 for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winner will be selected at random on or about May 1, 2016 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
- Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “#PeterandtheWolfApp Prize Pack” Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
- GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
- Winners names will be available no later than May 3, 2016 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
- SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and Peter and the Wolf App.
Disclosure: I attended this BSM hosted Peter and the Wolf App launch event and received gift bag similar to one giving away. As always, my posts are based on my opinions and experiences.