If looking for educational, engaging AND FUN activities for President’s Day and the winter break. YOU MUST take the family to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum!
Monday, February 20, 2017 kicks off kids week where visitors will have the opportunity to participate in dozens of fun-filled activities, hands-on workshops, live shows, special guests and demonstrations that the whole family will enjoy!
This year, Kids Week will explore the theme of the science and art of games. Kids can explore STEAM (science, technology, engineering, the arts and math) as they play cutting-edge digital games, design their own games, explore interactive displays, view live demonstrations and meet special guests at this week-long festival. Families will learn about the logic and imagination that goes into game design, scientific investigation and discovery as they build, tinker and play.
Most importantly all Kids Week activities are included with Museum admission.
2017 KIDS WEEK PROGRAMMING SCHEDULE
All week, Intrepid Museum staff will lead live demonstrations, planetarium presentations and themed Tour Guide Talks. Each day will also include “Meet the Scientist” and “Meet the Author” opportunities where kids will interact with real-life scientists and authors and talk to them one-on-one about their work and what inspired them to pursue their careers.
Some standouts were:
Meet the Scientist: Computational scientists Andrea Derdzinski and Sarah Pearson: See computer simulations of galaxies forming and black holes colliding, and learn how the simulations are created.
NASA spacewalk flight controller and lead trainer Allison Bollinger will be on hand with interactive workshops where kids can build their own space station, and she will join former NASA astronaut Mike Massimino on the stage for two lively conversations about creative thinking and problem solving during a spacewalk.
Meet the Scientist: Astrophysicist Tjitske Starkenburg: Learn how galaxies grow and evolve through interactions, collisions and mergers.
Author Deborah Heiligman will do readings and signings of her book, The Boy Who Loved Math: The Improbable Life of Paul Erdos, and Linda Liukas, author of Hello, Ruby: Adventures in Coding, will be on hand to teach kids her whimsical and playful approach to coding.
And so much more!
Dates and times are subject to change. For the most updated Kids Week schedule, please visit www.intrepidmuseum.org.
One (1) reader will win a Family 4-Pack of tickets (valued at over $100) to Intrepid Museum. Leave me a comment and tell me what you are most excited to do.
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins Feb 17, 2017 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on February 19, 2017. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia and CANADA who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at February 17, 2017 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on February 19, 2017. Open (“Giveaway”). The winner of the “Intrepid Museum Tickets” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Intrepid Museum Tickets” Total ARV no higher than $100.00 for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia and CANADA who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winner will be selected at random on or about February 19, 2017 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
- Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “Intrepid Museum Tickets” Giveaway valued at $100. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion. Giveaway is only for tickets. Winner responsible for any travel or accommodation costs.
- GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
- Winners names will be available no later than February 21, 2017 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
- SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and Intrepid Museum Tickets.
Disclosure: Intrepid Museum is sponsoring this giveaway. As always, my posts are based on my opinions and experiences.