Drac and the crew are off for a new adventure and this time they are outside of the monster friendly confines of Drac’s Transylvania hotel in the third installment of the Hotel Transylvania series. Each of the movies of the series has always been bright and upbeat with a slew of jokes and visual gags that keep the kids entertained. Hotel Transylvania 3 (HT3) is no different. Genndy Tartakovsky is no stranger to engaging cartoons, along with being the director and co-writer of the Hotel films he is responsible for a number of critically acclaimed and extremely popular cartoons including Samurai Jack and the Powerpuff Girls. While HT3 does not reach those heights, with the voice talents of Adam Sandler and Selina Gomez he has created a movie series that keeps kids and event their parents coming back. Much of this is due to the characters they have created.
With Drac and his crew of monsters including Mavis his daughter, The Invisible man (David Spade), a werewolf (Steve Buscemi), a mummy (Keegan-Michael Key) and Frankenstein’s monster (Kevin James) all returning for their third film there is plenty of familiar jokes to go around. On top of that new characters and locations serve to separate this movie from the other two. Setting the majority of the film in a first of its kind Monster Cruise breaks up the monotony of the bleak Transylvania setting and give the animators a chance to add a whole lot more color to the screen.
We got to seen an advance screening of the film a couple of days ago and everyone left really enjoying the film. I think the consensus favorite part was the Gremlin Air scene as the monster travel to the cruise port. It took a little explaining for the boys to understand the references to the old Twilight Zone episode as well as the 80’s movies, but even without the explanation they thought it was hilarious.
In short, the movie was a lot of fun and we had a great time getting together to watch it. Be sure to catch it with your family as Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation premieres today at your local theater.
To celebrate its release, we are doing a giveaway of a Hotel Transylvania gift package. The package includes a slew of books and stickers from the movie as well as Gremlin Air survival kits for kids which has games as well as other knickknacks perfect for traveling on the hazardous airline. Total value of the package is over $25 (See below for a picture)!
One lucky reader will receive a Hotel Transylvania prize pack valued at over $25. All you have to do is leave a comment.
Other ways to win and increase your chances of winning?
Sweepstakes/Giveaway Contest begins July 13, 2018 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on July 29, 2018 Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Giveaway winner will be selected using Random.org from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize. See Official Rules Below.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
HOW TO ENTER: Giveaway begins at July 13, 2018 and ends at 9:00 p.m. ET p.m. ET on July 29, 2018. Open (“Giveaway”). The winner of the “Hotel Transylvania prize pack” will be selected at random using www.random.org. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond and confirm his/her prize of one (1) “Hotel Transylvania prize pack” Total ARV $25.00 for the giveaway may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. No P.O. Boxes please.
WINNER SELECTION: Giveaway winner will be selected at random on or about June 29, 2018 from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway.
- Winners will be determined by the Sponsor. Winners will be notified by email. In the event the Sponsor is unable to contact the winner within 48 hours of first notification, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: “Hotel Transylvania prize pack” Giveaway. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person for each promotion.
- GENERAL: Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, nor its affiliates will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in these promotions. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, voice, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the promotion.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the promotions are not capable of running as planned for any reason Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible entries received from all methods combined up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor.
- Winners names will be available no later than July 27, 2018 via announcement on DancingHotdogs.com
- SPONSOR: DancingHotdogs.com and Sony Picture Animation.
Disclosure: We received a Hotel Transylvania Gift Package as part of the Giveaway.